Honeywell’s MS4980 compact area-imaging scanner offers aggressive scanning of all 1D, PDF and 2D bar codes in a lightweight, durable and portable form factor. The scanner also features a sleek and elegant design that blends seamlessly in retail environments.
Automatic infrared object detection enables robust and easy presentation scanning, while patented CodeGate® technology provides precise targeting and scanning of closely grouped bar codes.
The MS4980 delivers an array of advanced features that enhance productivity. Aggressive reading of bar codes on highly reflective surfaces, such as mobile phone screens, eliminates the need to purchase additional specialty hardware. A 1.2 mega-pixel CMOS
sensor allows the scanner to capture high resolution images of signatures, identification cards and personal checks.
An intelligent multi-interface design distinguishes the MS4980 from competitive scanners. The scanner has three dedicated memory banks—each one capable of storing full configurations for RS232, keyboard wedge and USB interfaces. Automatic cable detection and configuration simplifies scanner management by eliminating the need for manual configuration after the change of an interface cable.
TotalFreedom™ expands scanner functionality by allowing image processing, decoding and formatting plug-ins to be loaded directly to the MS4980 instead of the host system.
The MS4980 is small enough to be held in the palm or worn on the back of the hand. Its compact size also allows it be mounted anywhere, including in self-service scanning kiosks.
- Aggressive Pass-Through Scanning: Enhances productivity by enabling cashiers to capture bar codes moving rapidly past the scan window
- Flexible Licensing Solution: Meets diverse scanning requirements by offering models with limited decoding capabilities—purchase decoding licenses to enable additional functionality as the need arises
- Infrared Object Detection: Minimizes operator fatigue by providing hands-free presentation scanning
- Intelligent Multi-Interface Design: Provides automatic cable detection and configuration, reducing overall system costs
- CodeSelect™: Scans up to 7 bar codes in a single flash and outputs data in any predetermined order
- TotalFreedom: Expands scanner functionality by allowing image processing, decoding and formatting plug-ins to be loaded directly to the scanner instead of the host system
- Wide Field of View: Excels at scanning wide bar codes and OCR fonts close to the face
- Mobile Phone Reading: Scans bar codes directly from the screen of a mobile device
Want to get the most from your Honeywell MS4980?
Did you know we have a large staff of programmers who can make our products work with any system, including yours?
Did you know we provide total solutions including complete, on-site integration services, as well as custom, semi-custom, and packaged software to lower your operation costs, increase your accuracies and maximize your bottom line?
Did you know you can click here to contact us for more information about the Honeywell MS4980 or any of our other products, services and software?
|Our programmers can make the Honeywell MS4980 work with your existing system. Contact us to learn how.
|For the best possible scan rates, click here to see our premium ribbon and label stock.|
|For information about Honeywell support services, Click here.|